Dangerous Goods By Sea
Next Course Available
DG by Sea
Place: Kirkhill Commercial Park Dyce Avenue, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
Time : 08:00 - 16:00
Other Training Courses
Certification Course (2 Days)Enquire About This Course
This training course is designed to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly prepare shipments of Dangerous Goods for Transport by Sea, which complies with the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Sea.
This course is intended for shipper’s or staff from shipping departments or those personnel responsible for the transportation of dangerous goods by sea.
During the course, delegates are loaned a copy of the IMDG Codes and the session concludes with a written examination which currently has a minimum pass mark of 80%.
A certificate is issued confirming successful completion of the exam.
- Using the Regulations.
- Classification and Identification of Dangerous Goods.
- Packing requirements for Dangerous Goods.
- Packing Specifications and Performance tests.
- Marking and Labelling of Dangerous Good consignments.
- Documentation (including The Shippers Declaration and other documentation)
- Handling of Dangerous Goods.
- Emergency Procedures.
- The Security aspects of Dangerous Goods
Recurrent training must take place within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current, unless a competent authority requires a shorter period.
Initial training is conducted over a two day period. Dates are available on request or can be arranged to suit client requirements. All open courses are conducted in Aberdeen.