Dangerous Goods By Rail
Other Training Courses
Certification Course (3 Days)Enquire About This Course
This training course is designed to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly prepare shipments of Dangerous Goods for Transport by Rail, which complies with the requirements of the Regulations concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail (RID).
All categories of personnel involved in the movement of dangerous goods by rail are required by law to receive general familiarization, function specific or safety training.
An exam must be undertaken following the Dangerous Goods training to verify the understanding of the regulations and a pass mark of 80% must be achieved.
A certificate is issued confirming successful completion of the exam.
- Using the Regulations.
- Mode of Carriage.
- Special Requirements .
- Packing requirements for Dangerous Goods.
- Special provisions concerning the operation of vehicles and containers.
- Marking and Labelling of Dangerous Good consignments.
- Documentation (including The Shippers Declaration and other documentation)
- Handling of Dangerous Goods.
- Emergency Procedures.
- The Security aspects of Dangerous Goods.
- Loading unloading and handling.
- Mixed loading.
- Load exemptions.
Recurrent training must take place within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current, unless a competent authority requires a shorter period.
Initial training is conducted over a two and a half day period. Dates are available on request or can be arranged to suit client requirements. All open courses are conducted in Aberdeen.