Dangerous Goods By Sea
Next Course Available
DG by Sea
Time : 10:55 - 10:55
Other Training Courses
- Dangerous Goods By Air CAA
- Dangerous Goods By Sea
- Dangerous Goods By Air & Sea Combined
- Dangerous Goods by Air IATA
- Dangerous Goods By Road
- CBT DG by Sea Awareness
- CBT DG by Air Awareness
- Dangerous Goods Awareness Level
- Dangerous Goods By Rail
- Dangerous Goods by Air Refresher Course
- Dangerous Goods by Sea Refresher Course
Certification Course (3 Days)Enquire About This Course
This training course is designed to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly prepare shipments of Dangerous Goods for Transport by Sea, which complies with the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Sea.
This course is intended for shipper’s or staff from shipping departments or those personnel responsible for the transportation of dangerous goods by sea.
During the course, delegates are loaned a copy of the IMDG Codes and the session concludes with a written examination which currently has a minimum pass mark of 80%.
A certificate is issued confirming successful completion of the exam.
- Using the Regulations.
- Classification and Identification of Dangerous Goods.
- Packing requirements for Dangerous Goods.
- Packing Specifications and Performance tests.
- Marking and Labelling of Dangerous Good consignments.
- Documentation (including The Shippers Declaration and other documentation)
- Handling of Dangerous Goods.
- Emergency Procedures.
- The Security aspects of Dangerous Goods
Recurrent training must take place within 24 months of previous training to ensure knowledge is current, unless a competent authority requires a shorter period.
Initial training is conducted over a three day period. Dates are available on request or can be arranged to suit client requirements. All open courses are conducted in Aberdeen.